How to use TeamSpeak
From Christian Crew Gaming
The Christian Crew is now using TeamSpeak 3 and just like my old tutorial on how to use TeamSpeak 2, this one will tell you how to use TeamSpeak 3.
If you're coming from TS2 then you need to know that the TS2 client cannot connect to a TS3 server. Likewise, a TS3 client cannot connect to a TS2 server. You need a TS3 client to connect to a TS3 server and a TS2 client to connect to a TS2 server. Because it was a complete rewrite from 2 to 3, there is zero compatibility between the two version.
Download TeamSpeak 3 (Step 1)
Go to TeamSpeak.com and download the latest release. Make sure you download the "client" and not the "server". If you're not sure if your OS is 32-bit or 64-bit, download the 32-bit version.
Installing TeamSpeak 3 (Step 2)
1) Once you have the executable downloaded, run it to install TeamSpeak.
2) When you get to the "Choose Users" screen, you can just select the "Install for anyone using this computer" option.
3) Install to the default location (should be under your "Program Files" folder).
4) At the "Choose Configuration Location" choose the "Each user has his own configuration" option (this supposedly fixes some permission issues, which I'll talk about below).
5) Click "Next" then "Install".
6) You're done installing the TeamSpeak 3 client.
Connected to CC's TeamSpeak 3 server (Step 3)
To connect to CC's TS server, first launch the TS3 client.
1) Go to "Connections > Connect".
2) Fill out the boxes with the following:
Address: - Type "ts.ccgaming.com" into the box. Port: - Make sure the port number in the box is set to "9987". Nickname: - Type whatever you want your name to display as in the server (preferably the same name you use in-game). Password: - Leave this field blank. Normally this would be used to enter the server's password, but our server is not passworded.
3) Press connect.
4) You should now be connected to CC's TeamSpeak 3 server.
If you would like to add CC's server as a bookmark, go to "Bookmarks > Bookmarks". Click "Add bookmark" and enter the same information written above into the boxes.
What they are: There's no registration in individual TeamSpeak 3 servers. Instead, when you initially install the TeamSpeak 3 client on your computer it assigns a unique ID to your client. When you connect to a TeamSpeak 3 server the first time it takes that unique ID and assigns a database ID to it in the server's database file. It is through these IDs that permissions can be assigned to (similar to giving admin to a specific Steam account via the Steam ID).
The problem: The issue with this system is if you decide to reinstall the TS3 client on your computer, or if you buy a new computer, or if you have a second computer, each time you install TeamSpeak you'll get a new unique ID and your permissions (if any) will not carry over in the server and they will need to be given to you again.
The fix: To avoid the above happening you can export individual identities and import them into different TeamSpeak 3 installations (similar to exporting/importing bookmarks in your web browser). To do this, follow these steps:
1) Go to Settings > Identities 2) Select on the left which identity you wish to export. 2.1) I recommend renaming the identity if it is still set to "Default". 3) Once selected, hit the export button on the top right. 4) Enter a filename, then select a destination where you want to save the file to.
1) Go to Settings > Identities 2) Click Import on the top right 3) Navigate to where you saved/placed the exported .ini file. 4) Select it, click open 5) You should now see your identity on the left. Select it and hit the "Default" on top to make it your default identity.
- If you receive a "Cannot write to the configuration file" error, right click on the TS3 shortcut and click "Run as Administrator". To always run TeamSpeak as administrator, right click on the TS3 shortcut, select "Properties", then click the "Advanced" button. Inside you should see an option that says "Run as administrator". Check the box and hit OK.
If you have any questions or need help, go to the Discussion thread on the forums.